Keen to secure a career within a dynamic non-profit that builds partnerships with companies to drive responsible practices across international supply chains. The successful candidate will a have passion for environmental and social issues, be a critical thinker, pragmatic problem solver, a collaborative team player, a self-starter who can thrive in a dynamic and diverse work environment.
- Peruvians and non-Peruvians are welcome to apply. Foreigners must have legal permission to work in Peru.
- Full time position.
- Start date in December/January.
- Based in Lima, Peru.
- Frequent trips inside Peru and potentially to other countries in Latin America.
- Able to work flexible hours (outside 9-5 workday), as required.
About The Forest Trust (TFT)
TFT currently has offices in 16 countries including SE Asia, India, China and several locations within West Africa, Europe and the Americas. We employ more than 260 people worldwide and work with big and small companies, communities and producers of raw materials to create compelling cases of transformation. With an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, we work on the ground with people to create inspiring transformation stories. We focus on creating value, engage without judging and carry hope and a positive vision of the future.
What Makes Us Unique
Beyond providing advice on policy set up based on our strong technical expertise, we see the world through interactions and relationships. Operating between two worlds (NGO-Companies/Buyer- Supplier), we encourage our partners to look inside, and are not only their environmental conscience. In addition to traceability and assessments, we create and innovate solutions to the challenges companies and communities face.
What We Offer
- A unique work experience in a fast-growing and dynamic non-profit directly impacting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through supply chains;
- A dynamic environment with the chance to work on a multicultural team;
- The opportunity to gain experience in advanced project management, client relations, environmental, social and labour issues, with exposure to many diverse projects;
- The opportunity to work with high-level managers and topical experts in leading domestic, regional and international corporations.
Responsibilities and Scope
The main responsibilities of the Project Manager are to:
- Collaborate with companies, NGO’s and internal teams to develop our approaches into clear compelling solutions that industry can adopt
- Identify companies and commodities that present opportunities to increase our impact on responsible commodity production in Peru
- Develop relationships with prospective members and other stakeholders
- Create proposals, negotiate contracts and grow our Membership base in Peru
- Become a subject matter expert on our commodities and approaches to improving practices
- Effectively represent TFT at events and conferences
- Support Members and partners in supply chain analysis, mapping, and reporting
- Develop member-related communication tools and documents
- Communication with existing Members, including responsibility for managing Member relationships
- Develop Member work plans collaboratively with Members and other TFT offices
- Communication with external stakeholders as necessary for outreach and research, and to develop strong relationships with other organizations and experts
- Conduct field visits to agriculture and forestry companies in support of better environment, social and labor practices;
- Develop learner centered workshops in support of better environmental, social and labor practices;
- Support development of tools and process for our global work in palm oil, cocoa and other commodities
Requirements – Candidate Profile Minimum Qualifications
- University degree or higher in a field related to business management, forestry, rural development, the environment, sociology/anthropology or agriculture;
- 2-4 or more years working in or with businesses, ideally in the manufacturing, agriculture or foresty sectors touching supply chain management, procurement, quality control, environmental management, social impact or labor relations;
- Good understanding and high interest in environmental and social responsibility issues;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail;
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze systems and identify key issues and risks;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), especially Excel;
- Interest and motivation for TFT’s vision and mission;
- International work experience is an advantage;
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish. Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Commitment to client confidentiality;
- Eager to continually learn and develop as part of a team.
- Knowledge of raw material, food products, agriculture and/or sustainability certifications;
- Experience in Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives;
- Spanish fluency.
- English advance proficiency.
- Passion for working on issues related to sustainability, deforestation and human exploitation;
- Hands-on, practical, innovative;
- Flexibility, ability to show initiative and a positive attitude;
- Strong ability to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
- Takes initiative/proactive;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work autonomously;
- Committed to TFT values:
- Focus on action and on-the-ground results;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Open collaboration and communication;
- Respect for each other.
Interested candidates filling the above mandatory criteria should send a cover letter and CV via email to email@example.com by Feb 15th, 2019. Please put your last name and 2019 in the subject line of the email. Successful candidates will be contacted by phone for an initial interview. The position will be open until filled. Only candidates who send a CV and cover letter will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.